Leslie Dow Consulting LLC
- November 2007- Present
- Assisted a best in class NGS (Next Generation Sequencing) human diagnostic startup develop a sustainable, FDA compliant, and agile software development process.
Managed a program to deliver a factory-based workflow application for a NGS DNA Super-Sequencer.
- Helped an exciting and innovative IVD startup develop a best-of-class molecular diagnostic system. the company was recently purchased with an expansion in assay offerings and markets
- Assisted a major biotechnology tools provider to develop a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) using industry standards, and off-the-shelf tools. When complete, this program will deliver a highly configurable system that leverages the ISA88 process standards. This Recipe-based MES allows a reduction in time to market from months to weeks, with no loss in quality, while improving traceability and reducing costs.
South Mountain Community College
- January 2017-December 2018
- Adjunct Faculty, Into to Biology for Majors
Applied Biosystems/Perkin-Elmer/Life Technologies
Tech Board Chair, Advanced Research & Technology, Business Development
- Nov 2005 – Nov 2007
- Responsible for the management of a group responsible for technology evaluations of potential technology acquisitions. In this role, Leslie developed and implemented a new technology review process and oversaw the automation of that process.
Sr Manager- SW, SDS/Arrays
- May 2003 – Nov 2005
- Responsible for the management of the SDS software for the 7000, 7300 and 7500 Real-time PCR systems including the validation of these systems for use in FDA regulated devices.
Sr Manager, DNA Sequencing and Fragment analysis software group
- Aug 2001 – Nov 2002
- Responsible for the management of the DNA sequencing and genotyping analysis software applications at AB, including Sequencing Analysis, GeneMapper®, SeqScape® Software, and the AB basecallers.
Senior Staff Engineer/Manager/Group Leader, Informatics
- May 1999 – Aug 2001
- Responsible for the design and development and on-time delivery of SeqScape® Software.
Senior Staff Scientist/HIV Group leader
- Jan 1996 – May 1999
- Responsible for the inception, design, and management of a program to develop a clinical assay based on automated DNA sequence analysis to determine the genotypic resistance of HIV to antiviral compounds.
- PhD Chemistry 1988, University of Oklahoma
Issued Patents & Publications
- Google Scholar
- Method of Automated Calibration and Diagnosis of Laboratory
- Systems and Methods for Generating Automated Software Workflows for Biological Testing.
- Novel methods for HIV Sequencing and Genotyping
- Methods and Reagents for Typing HLA Class I genes